Please check out our FAQ before contacting us.
Can the acrylic lids be removed for cleaning?
Yes! Both lids can be removed, the red lid just sits on top of the nest to keep it dark, the clear lid is secured with screws, for which an allen key is included.
Can I use my own tube?
Yes, but our tube connectors are designed to fit the tube we sell exactly. The inner diameter of the tube is 10mm, and the outer diameter is 13mm.
How long do the batteries in the temperature and moisture monitor last?
The temperature and moisture monitor is supplied with batteries, 2 x LR44. However, the unit cannot be turned off and is 'always on'. When the product arrives with us we have no way of really telling how old the batteries are. On average though, the batteries should last 2+ years.
How do I change the batteries in the Temperature and Moisture Monitor?
On the bottom of the temperature and moisture monitor, there is a hole into which you can push something like a screwdriver which releases the monitor from its surround. There is some additional cable within the surround making it easy to change the batteries if needed.
Will the magnets damage my electronics?
Various objects have a sensitivity to static magnetic fields of permanent magnets. They disturb some devices only temporarily, but others could be damaged permanently.
- Camera, mobile/cell phone, smart phone: No danger for storage medium
- Vehicle key: No danger
- USB stick, memory cards: No danger
- CD, DVD: No danger
Below you can find a (non-exhaustive) list of objects that should not get too close to permanent magnets. For each object, we included the recommended safe distance to the magnets used in our products.
- High-quality magnetic card (credit card, ATM card) - 9mm
- Cheap magnetic card (parking garage, admission ticket) - 24mm
- Pacemaker - New - 35mm
- Pacemaker - Old - 43mm
- Mechanical watch, non-magnetic pursuant to ISO 764 - 18mm
- Mechanical watch, not non-magnetic- 98mm
- Hearing aid - 12mm
- Hard drive - Unclear
We take no responsibility for any damage caused by the magnets. If you are unsure, please do not place the magnets near to the object.